Adelė and Konstantinas Čiurlionis, together with their first-born son Mikalojus Konstantinas, moved to Druskininkai because K. Čiurlionis was invited to work as an organist in the town’s little church. Through the efforts of M. K. Čiurlionis sisters, Valerija Karužienė and Jadvyga Čiurlionytė, the idea of preserving this homestead was realized, and the M. K. Čiurlionis Memorial Museum was opened on June 16, 1963. The memorial part of the museum consists of two wooden houses with interiors similar to the authentic ones. The family harmonium, Mikalojus Konstantinas piano, and other authentic exhibits are displayed in one of the buildings. The exhibition in another building introduces M. K. Čiurlionis' (1875–1911) works and his family history.