A. AND P. GALAUNĖ HOUSE-MUSEUM
The house was a property of two merited figures of Lithuanian art and culture – a family of the opera soloist Adelė Nezabitauskaitė-Galaunienė (1895–1962) and Paulius Galaunė (1890–1988), a pioneer of Lithuanian professional museology, pedagogue, and art historian. With their funds and care, the house was built in 1932 after the project of the interwar architect Arnas Funkas (1898–1957).
A. and P. Galaunė House-Museum – a branch of M. K. Čiurlionis National Museum of Art was opened to the public on 14 December 1996.
A memorial exhibit arranged by P. Galaunė’s second wife, museologist Kazimiera Galaunienė acquaints with huge accumulations of graphics, ex-libris, books, and folk art items collected by P. Galaunė.
Visitors to the museum are also introduced to the life and works of Kazys Bizauskas (1892–1941), a public person, a diplomat, a signatory of the Act of Independence declared on 16 February 1918, who lived with his family on the first floor of the house in 1933–1940. The museum has organized the exhibition on the interwar architecture “ARNAS FUNK[CIONALISM]”. On display – the copious material about Arnas Funkas – architect, engineer, interior designer, and a number of projects which include also the house of A. and P. Galaunė.